Believe it or not, roughly about 2 years ago, I was that girl. The type of girl that couldn’t leave the house without it. The girl that would run to the bathroom every time she had a surprise visit. I unnaturally fell the need to wear make-up everywhere and anywhere to feel the slightest of beauty, making it a necessity rather then a want.
It took me a while with the push of family and friends to get me to look at my refection differently. From a young age I’ve had the same repetitive (facial) skin problem. Why wouldn’t my human finger turn into a virtual rubber to rid these horrible faults as if I was some kind of alien, Lol! I swear I’m not this cringy normally,…….i think!.
However, over time as I am on this self love journey, I no longer see the the need to hide my flaws but merely enhance my beauty. “I love you (me) like a fat kid loves cake” – 50 cent. In the process I have picked up a few natural enhancement tips that have worked for me and might work for y’all too.
- Sticking to your 8 cups of water or more daily. (this helps to hydrate your body and helps to release toxins from the body throughout the day).
- Eating your five fruits and vegetables daily.
- Take daily vitamins.
- Use a gental face wash for your skin.
- Moisurise. always. Moisurise.
- Almmond oil or Vaseline on your eye lashes, eyebrows and edges during the night and coconut oil as mascara and eyebrow gel for long term improvement and enhancement.
- Avoid liking your lips, use tinted lip scrubs to exfoliate and always apply a chosen lip balm to retain as much natural moisture as possible. (i use Vaseline which works for me.)
- Clean your ears with cotton buds. Don’t forget to wash behind your ears too.
- Eat breakfast.
- Eat lunch.
- Eat dinner ( my point being….. Do not skip meals.)
- Try to choose the healthier option.
- Head massage: This not only helps with hair growth, but this motions also releases a lot of stress and helps to calm you down.
- Use sunscreen.
- Keep your hands out of your face!
- Keep your hair clean.
- Wash your sheets and pillow cases.
- Smile/laugh a lot.
- Take pride in your posture.
Embrace your imperfections